PowerBI Engineer - £500 - £550 a day - West Sussex - 6 month contract
Our client is looking to recruit a PowerBI Engineer to join their ever-growing company on a 6 month contract.
The successful PowerBI Engineer will be the driving force to create & design Data Visualization mainly using Azure Synapse Data Warehouse as a source of Data. The PowerBI Engineer will have needed to also have worked with large data sets in a complex enterprise environment.
Key Responsibilities as a PowerBI Engineer :
* You will work with other members of the Data Engineering team to assist in the definition and development of processes and business intelligence solutions that provide secure and efficient data reporting, visualisation and analytics.
* Developing solutions that connect to a variety of on- and off- premise data sources, ensuring data is optimised to meet requirements for business and technical use cases.
* Present information for business and technical users through engaging and interactive reports and visualisations.
* Applying business and logic rules to derive new measures, new dimensions and aggregated values.
* Design, build and deploy reporting tools.
* Secure and publish reports and dashboards for use via desktop, web and mobile.
* Generate and schedule data refresh processes to ensure information is up to date.
* Support relationships with the other areas of FCG to ensure that requirements can be developed.
* Ensure solutions support the architectural direction of FCG technology and use approved technical components.
* Providing analytical skills into understanding and communicating design specifications to facilitate technical development including the creation of both high-level and detailed design documentation and impact estimation.
* Fulfil the role of a subject matter expert in data reporting best practice and implement those practices.
* Work to the agreed prioritisation of requirements for development and to the agreed delivery dates against these requirements.
* Assist in the identification of root causes and fixes for major incidents where required
* Maintain accurate timesheet reporting on activities undertaken
* Adhere to the Company values at all times and encourage others to demonstrate these
* Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times
* Any other reasonable duties as required
Key Qualifications and Experience needed to be a successful PowerBI Engineer :
* A Computer Science, Software Engineering or related degree is desirable
* A background in data modelling, analysis and reporting
* Microsoft Certified Data Analyst qualification
* Azure Certification is desirable
* A minimum of two years' experience of data analysis and reporting in a Microsoft Power BI environment
* Experience of working with large data sets in an enterprise environment
* Working with business and technical users to understand, document and agree requirements
* Dimensional model design and implementation
* Experience in Microsoft data components including
o Azure Analysis Services
o Azure SQL Data Warehouse (Synapse Analytics)
* Tools and techniques for ensuring data quality, security, validation and recovery
* Experience of testing tools and performance monitoring is desirable
* Understanding of the retail Insurance business is desirable
Please apply as directed.