High Performance Computing Engineer Redhill £80000 - £90000
Our client, a forward-thinking technology and research company based in Redhill is currently looking for a High Performance Computing Engineer (HPC). The HPC Engineer will have extensive expertise in HPC compute and storage, in both hardware - CPUs, accelerators, interconnects, storage and software - Linux components, HPC tools and parallel file systems.
Key Skills & Competencies for the HPC Engineer
- Proven experience in fixing operational issues for large-scale HPC infrastructures.
- Experience using and adapting to new technologies.
- Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organisations.
- Experience of Openstack technologies would be desirable
- Using your skills in an applied environment, you will play an active role in the provisioning, development, installation and configuration, operation and maintenance of specialist computing infrastructure as well as providing technical support to users.
- Design HPC architectures (compute or storage components), in collaboration with the IT Operations and SI sourcing team.
- To act as a high-level expert who can deal with escalated various HPC issues.
- Perform benchmarks (to select suitable vendors and products).
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst our STC operations teams.
- Ensure optimal deployment of production solutions.
- Collaborate with our compute and storage vendors.
- Promote a high-tech image
For a fantastic HPC Engineer opportunity, Please apply as directed.