SQL DBA / Developer Andover £50000 - £55000
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a SQL DBA / Developer to join their forward thinking technology team based in Andover. As part of the Data Infrastructure team, the SQL DBA / Developer will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative data solutions to solve challenging business problems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities for the SQL DBA / Developer
- Develop and support databases, data warehouses and reporting tools for large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Design and develop API's and associated data platform solutions.
- Responsible for development, construction, maintenance and testing of architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Write extract, transform and loads (ETL) to automate routine data collection and reporting processes using a variety of traditional as well as large-scale distributed data systems.
- Work with Data Analysts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Work with Business Analysts and other non-technical business users to understand their analytical needs, document and prioritise requirements, and to help them effectively use the data and analytical tools that have been developed.
- Write and review end-user documentation and technical documents, including requirements and design documents for existing and future data systems.
- Develop records management processes and policies.
- Work within a project management/agile delivery methodology as part of a wider team.
Please apply as directed!