Field Engineer - North West London - £27K
Field Engineer needed for a fantastic organisation based in North West London who are looking to employ an experienced Field Engineer who comes from an audio-visual background (AV) on a perm basis. The successful candidate will provide installation and maintenance support of audio-visual software in customers' homes. You will need to be professional, courteous and provide fantastic customer service. The Field Engineer is also responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the data from the metering equipment and software in customers' homes.
- The successful Field Engineer will be expected to work 1 weekend in every 3.
- The successful candidate will receive a company car to use for work and personal use. You must maintain the company vehicle in a roadworthy, clean condition at all times
- The Field Engineer will work a 36-hour week and will need to be flexible on changeable working hours
- The successful Field Engineer will need to have a full, clean driver's license
Some of the main duties of the Field Engineer will include:
- Install and maintain metering equipment and software in panel homes.
- Educate panel members in the correct use and care of the metering equipment.
- Remove television monitoring equipment from homes that wish to leave the panel.
- Educate panel members in the correct use of monitoring software.
- Remove monitoring software from homes that wish to leave the panel
- Store monitoring equipment in safe conditions when not installed in panel homes.
- Resolve or escalate any problems caused by monitoring equipment or software in panel homes.
- Liaise between management, office staff & panel members as necessary.
- Report all field technician activity, including appointments, visits made, mileage etc.
- Timely return all faulty meter equipment, clearly labelled.
- Maintain the company vehicle in a roadworthy, clean condition.
- Ensure SLA's (Service Level Agreements) are satisfied within specific timeframes.
In order to be the successful Field Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Technical ability to install & service the TV metering equipment. The meters are non-invasive, meaning that it isn't necessary to open TV sets and other devices. A thorough understanding of A/V routing (scart, RGB, Composite video, HDMI etc) in domestic environments is essential.
- Knowledge of home networking, routers, Windows PC`s and Apple Macs/ Excel / Word and Hardware / software configurations and installations.
- The ability to work without direct supervision to a high standard. The field technician will be responsible for arranging some appointments with panel members for service calls to designated households, and these must be done in a timely manner.
- Exemplary customer care skills. Meters are installed only with the permission of the panel members, and it is therefore essential that the field technician remains professional, prompt & courteous in all dealings with panel members.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Field Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!