Our client is currently looking for a Python Developer to join their forward thinking technical team. The Python Developer will be responsible for creating applications, API's and software to enhance the analytical platform. The Python developer will ideally have experience of Django and have worked on Linux O/S. The Python Developer will be resposnible for developing applications and software from scratch as well as enhancing existing systems.
Essential Skills /Knowledge for the Python Developer:
- Proven track record of developing high quality python applications/systems
- Experienced with distributed systems
- Solid exposure to Linux, Git, Postgres (or similar)
- Ideally have experience of Django
- Proficiency in collaborative development tools such as Github, Confluence and JIRA
- A demonstrable ability to cope under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Willingness to assume workload commensurate with this post
- Flexible and co-operative approach to colleagues
- Ability to work independently and to show initiative within a team
- Ability to prioritise and balance competing demands.
- Ability to work well in a team following agile practices
- Strong adherence to and understanding of working to technical / architectural governance
- Experience working in a larger technical team following continuous integration and supporting best practice
- Good understanding of testing including unit, system, integration, performance security, functional and non-functional.
Please apply for more details!