Director of Engineering (DevOps)
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Cloud First strategic thinking Director of Engineering to be part of a forward-thinking organisation based in London. The Director of Engineering will be responsible for defining, implementing and assuring the best practice of the DevOps environment, setting out the strategy across DevOps tooling, build pipelines, containerisation and deployments.
The Director of Engineering will be accountable for both development and operations of live services - managing a team that fluctuates between 30-50 engineers - and will be responsible for establishing the right DevOps culture and working practices to support high quality, responsive technical delivery. Responsible for developing and leading high calibre engineering teams that design, build and operate our client's systems.
Key Experience for the Director of Engineering (DevOps)
- Proven expertise in building a strong DevOps culture
- Own responsibility for moving the organisation to a Cloud First delivery model
- Strong experience in at least one public cloud e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience of managing large DevOps teams previously
- Responsible for programme delivery
- Provide and ensure operational excellence
- Proven experience in managing live operational services at scale in a large data setting
- Strong experience in systems engineering and end to end solution delivery
- Deep understanding of modern infrastructure and software development best practices (CI/CD, test automation, release management, etc.) with excellent tooling knowledge
- Strong experience with cloud based distributed systems
Please apply for more details.