Our client, based in Reigate, Surrey is currently recruiting for a Desktop Support Analyst to join them on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will support the business and end users deskside and remotely to a 2nd line support level. You will strive to fix all issues that arise within set SLA’s.
The ideal candidate will be highly technical and have an analytical approach to fixing issues.
- Provide on-site deskside and remote support to end users to a 2nd line support level
- Analyse IT issues and fully understand the impact to the business in order to determine IT priorities
- Support the business with IT projects such as upgrades, implementations and office moves
- Play a pivotal role within the IT support team ensuring that business end users are educated and trained on new and emerging technology
- Analyse all technical issues fully with the ability to explain in detail a fault when escalating to other technical teams
- Support Windows 7/10 and Office365 application
- Use SCCM to deploy software onto PC’s and Laptops
- Hands on PC’s builds and configuration with the ability to support office moves. Decommission hardware and software appropriately
- Troubleshoot and support desktop and MFD printers
- Support and troubleshoot all video conferencing and AV equipment
- Work within an ITIL environment with good understanding of ITIL procedures
- Work with end users to really understand business operations and their dependencies on IT systems
- Be apart of an on call rota 1 week in every 3 weeks (there is additional base rates for this)
Key skills and experience:
- Experience within an IT desktop / deskside support role to a 2nd line level is essential
- Highly technical to analyse all issues that aris
- Experience of Microsoft and Windows operating systems
- Windows 10 and Office365
- AV equipment and Video Conferencing support (Skype for Business is highly advantageous)
- Extensive experience with PC builds, configuration and decommissioning
- Any Citrix knowledge or experience would be advantageous
- Understanding or working knowledge of ITIL
- Experience supporting IPads / Mac books
- Self-motivated with commitment and drive
- Broad knowledge of IT topics / Good all-round IT Literacy
- Outstanding communication skills
For more information, please contact Georgia Harris at Clearwater People Solutions or apply as directed.
Please note: If you have not been contacted regarding your submission within 2 weeks your application has been unsuccessful for this role only.
Keywords: 2nd line support / IT Support / Service Desk / IT Technician / Desktop Support / Surrey / Gatwick / Redhill / Reigate / Dorking / Croydon / Merstham / Crawley / Salfords / Leatherhead / East Grinstead / Epsom / Horley